Monday, September 13, 2010

Peter Cetera does not disapoint

I'm pretty sure my sister will be the only one to appreciate this post, partly because we are probably the only ones who even know who Peter Cetera is. This is probably due to the fact that our mom and dad raised us on music from their generation and it has stayed with us all growing up. This past weekend Rafe was kind enough to indulge me and my love of all things 80's and go to Peter Cetera. He was great and I'm pretty sure we were the youngest in the crowd by at least 20 years. We felt a little out of place because we forgot to feather our hair, wear our mom jeans and our high school letterman's jackets.
The concert was held at the Sandy Amphitheater and we had lots of blankets to stake our claim on the lawn. Unfortunately the lawn was wet and soaked through our blankets so by the time the concert was over, out backsides were soaked (worth it!). Its only September but I was so glad I brought a coat because it was freezing and those extra blankets came in handy.


I sang along to every song, loudly I might add and even cracked a smile at Peter's lame attempt to tell jokes. Other highlights include his having the crowd wave their lighted cell phones during "Your the inspiration" and his frosted tips and man earring. It was a great night. Thanks Peter!


2 comments:

  1. Tennille, how the heck are you! I didn't know you had a blog. I am glad you commented so I could find you. You look like you are doing great, and looks like a fun concert. Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I totally don't want you to take this the wrong way. After seeing ya at the reunion I just kept thinking how pretty you are! I mean you have always been a pretty girl, but you are just beautiful! It is kind of annoying that you have not aged a single bit! Anyway, I hope you don't think I am hitting on ya or anything, but I just had to tell ya that! It was fun to see you and catch up. Hayley said something about Vegas, so hopefully it happens! That would be a total blast! Jessie

    ReplyDelete