Monday, August 15, 2011

Reception.....finally



After our wedding ceremony and pictures we had lunch with our family, it was nice to relax for a minute and talk and have a little bit to eat. That night we had our reception.


During the week of our wedding I was feeling a little sick but tried to power through because there simply wasn't enough time to be sick. We had a lot to do and set up and there was no way I could have done it without the help of mine and Rafe's family. Thank goodness for family, they are willing to be slave labor and be exploited without recieving any recognition

I remember the majority of the night, but some things are a blur since I was just trying to survive and not be sick and lay down on the floor in front of everyone. It was great to see friends and talk and have fun.



I really like this picture of us, Rafe always says he looks like he's making an om nom nom noise. No cake was shoved or put anywhere is wasn't supposed to be.


We were going to make our own cake pops but decided that would be way to much work, so we used Krispy Kreme donut holes instead and dipped them in chocolate. They were soooo good!



Rafe's friend from his mission is a professional piano player and he graciously played the piano for us during the reception. He was wonderful, he played a few pop songs for my by request.



My niece Magei and nephews Gabe and Sam who looked so cute and were so fun to have around.




Rafe's newphew Easton.
My brother Boyd trying to keep Magei and Sam entertained.

Rafe's neice Marielle.





Rafe's parents, they were so wonderful throughout the entire process, they helped so much.

Rafe and his mom are definetly mother and son, check out the expression here; exactly the same.

Magei copied all the poses of Rafe and I during our wedding video, it was really cute.



This my favorite picture of us, it screams us.







1 comment:

  1. So sorry you were sick on your wedding day. It was nice to see you at your reception in Idaho. Grandma Butler was planning on going. The Sunday after we were visiting her and she said that the night before when she was going to bed she realized that she was a day off and had forgotten to go to your reception. She felt really bad. I told her that I would try to let you know, but forgot about it until now. Sorry. I am sure that she would love a visit next time you are in Idaho.

    ReplyDelete